- Scope of this policy
- Who are we?
- What information do we collect about you?
- For which purposes may we use your Personal Data?
- To whom we may disclose your Personal Data?
- Your Rights
- How we protect your Personal Data?
- How long do we keep your Personal Data?
- International Transfers
- Contact us
Scope of this Policy
Thank you for using Goldie.
Quartet Holdco S.R.L, a fully owned subsidiary of Universe Software, is a Romanian company, headquartered at 40 THURZÓ SÁNDOR Street, ground floor, Oradea, Bihor, registered with Bihor Trade Registry under no J5/270/2022 (referred to as “Quartet”, “we” or “us”). Quartet recognizes that our platform (www.heygoldie.com) (the “Site”) and any related services (the “Services”) we offer, including our free appointment scheduling software (“App”), can only work if we build a relationship of trust with our users.
We control the purpose for which, and the manner in which, Personal Data (as defined below) about you is processed. We are therefore the data controller under applicable data privacy laws.
Third Party Websites and Services
As these third parties may collect your Personal Data, we suggest that you consult the privacy policies of these third parties to learn more about their use of your Personal Data.
Who are We?
We are a technology company developing the App, called “Goldie”.
“Goldie” is a free appointment scheduling software whereby a whole set of Services are provided to the Users of our Site, including online booking, managing your appointments, and sending text reminders.
Further information about us and the technologies we have developed is available here.
What information do we collect about you?
So that we are clear about the terminology we are using, “Personal Data” means any information describing or relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Personal Data obtained from you
Firstly, we may obtain your Personal Data from you voluntarily when signing up to the App and / or using our Services, as well as in other circumstances, such as when filling out a survey, making a comment or enquiry, posting something on our social media pages, subscribing to direct marketing, etc.
Personal Data collected this way may include:
- your sign-in credentials (email and hashed password);
- your name;
- your profession;
- your phone number;
- your address;
- if you opt to using the payment service offered via the platform, your personal data that allow the processing of payments through the Site, including: tax and personal identifiers (such as, social security numbers or EIN) and banking information;
- any Personal Data revealed in your usage of the App, such as service prices, customer names and phone numbers, appointment notes and reminder messages;
- any Personal Data revealed by users’ customers while scheduling appointments online, such as names, phone numbers, email addresses and messages, and
- any other information that we deem necessary for the purpose of providing you with our Services or which you provide to us voluntarily.
Personal Data obtained from other sources
We may also collect Personal Data or information about you from other sources. These other sources may include:
- our trusted business partners;
- social media sites;
- consumer research organisations;
- other members of our group, and
Personal Data collected this way may include: your interests, consumer and market research data, purchase behavior, publicly observed data or activities such as blogs, videos, internet postings and user generated content.
Information collected automatically
Information collected this way may include:
- information about your use of our Site or the App, such as, IP address, log files, user activity, time stamps, etc., and
- technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g., the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preferences, location, device id, access time and the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Site etc.).
For which purposes may we use your Personal Data?
We may use your Personal Data to:
- create and manage your account;
- enhance or improve User experience, our Site, or our Service;
- increase the efficiency and operation of the App;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- email you regarding your account or order;
- respond to product and customer service requests;
- monitor and analyse usage and trends to improve your experience with the App;
- notify you of updates to the App;
- send you newsletters, surveys, offers and other promotional materials related to the App or our services which we believe are useful for you;
- send your customers notifications about their appointments via email or text message;
- request feedback and contact you about your use of the App or Site;
- fulfil and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the App;
- perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Site or Service, and
- sending you push notifications regarding your account or the App, which you are free to consent to.
Our use of your Personal Data for the business purposes described above is permitted by law because:
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information, of the Services and of the App to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our business (in each case provided such interests are not overridden by your rights);
- it is necessary for taking steps to enter into a contract with you for the App and the Services you purchase, or for carrying out our obligations under such a contract;
- it is required to satisfy any legal or regulatory obligations that we are subject to; and
- in limited circumstances and as required by local law, you have agreed to us processing your Personal Data, such as, when you consent to receiving push notification or you or your customers opt-in to e-marketing (with regard to your customers, they can opt-in for text/SMS messages – including appointment reminders, special offers, or other updates – during the process of setting up of an appointment online on the Site).
To whom we may disclose your Personal Data?
We do not and will not share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Data to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
Third-Party Access to Your Information
Although you are entering into an agreement with us, to disclose your information to us, we do use third party individuals and organizations to assist us, including contractors, web hosts, and others. Throughout the course of our provision of our Services to you, we may delegate our authority to collect, access, use, and disseminate your information. For example, our web host stores the information that you provide us and we may hire outside contractors to perform maintenance or assist us in securing our website.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you authorize us to collect, share, store, exchange, and otherwise use your information in conjunction with:
- Apple App Store
- Google Play
- Google Analytics
- Nexmo (Vonage)
- Hetzner Online
- Firebase by Google
- Amazon Web Services
- WP forms
- WP Engine
You have a number of rights under the data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data, as follows:
- the right of access: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed (by contacting us at [email protected]) and, where that is the case, access to (including by obtaining a copy of) such Personal Data and the manner in which, and the purposes for which we process your Personal Data so that you can verify its accuracy and the lawfulness of the processing.
- the right to rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate Personal Data concerning you rectified without undue delay and the right to have incomplete personal data completed. To review or update your Personal Data including user information to ensure it is accurate, please write to us at [email protected] informing us of any changes that may need to be made in respect of your Personal Data and we will update such information on your behalf and in our systems. Note, you can also see, review, change, and/or update your Personal Data by logging into the Service.
- the right to erasure: You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your Personal Data where (a) your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected/processed; (b) you wish to withdraw your consent to the processing of such data by us (except where we have another legal ground for the processing that we may rely on); (c) where processing is based on our legitimate interests and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing; (d) where your Personal Data has been unlawfully processed.
- the right to restriction of processing: You have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing of your Personal Data where (a) the accuracy of such Personal Data is contested by you (for such period as will enable us to verify the accuracy of your Personal Data); (b) the processing of your Personal Data is unlawful, but you object to the deletion of such data and request restriction of its use instead; (c) you consider that we no longer need your Personal Data for the purposes of the processing, but require such Personal Data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; (d) you have objected to the processing of your Personal Data on grounds of ‘legitimate interest’, pending verification by us on whether our legitimate grounds override your own.
- the right to objection of processing: You have the right to object to processing of your Personal Data that is based on our legitimate interests. If this is done, we must provide compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms, in order to proceed with the processing of your Personal Data. You may object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes at any time, without giving reason.
- the right to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data to the extent such processing is based on consent. For example, you may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in the emails themselves or by emailing [email protected]. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
- the right to data portability: You have the right to receive the Personal Data relating to you and that you have provided to us, in a commonly used electronic format, by using the Export Data option in the App. You have the right to transmit that data to another controller (please note this applies only where our processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent or on a contract, and the processing is carried out by automated means).
- the right to complain: You have the right to complain to the competent data supervisory authority (in Romania, such authority is the Romanian National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing (www.dataprotection.ro)).
You can exercise any of your rights as stated above, by sending us a request to [email protected]. We will endeavour to respond to any such request as soon as possible, and in any event within the legal deadline.
There are some exceptions to these rights, however, to safeguard the public interest (such as, the prevention or detection of crime), our interests (such as, the maintenance of legal privilege) or the rights and freedoms of others, as provided by the data protection laws.
For example, while we will make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Data, we may deny or limited access to such Personal Data where: this would interfere with the execution or enforcement of the law or with private causes of action (including the prevention, investigation or detection of offences or the right to a fair trial); the legitimate rights and interest of others would be violated through such disclosure; this would prejudice the confidentiality necessary in monitoring, inspection or regulatory functions connected with sound management, or in future or ongoing negotiations involving us. We will of course endeavour to offer you an adequate explanation of the necessity, and reason for, restricting access in the circumstances mentioned above.
If you wish to delete your account, you may do so at any time by emailing us at [email protected] or by selecting the Delete Account option in the App. Deletion is your sole means of terminating your account. Please note that once you delete your account you will no longer be able to enjoy the full functionality of the Site and/or (part or all) of the Services we provide. Certain information is necessary in order for us to provide the Site; therefore, if you delete such necessary information, you will not be able to use the Site and/or the Services. In addition, you may opt-out of providing information via the App at any time by uninstalling the App using the standard uninstall process available on your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or store.
Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of this information to third parties, we cannot access that information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures. We will of course comply with any legal obligation we may have to notify them of your request.
Please note that even though you may request the deletion of your Personal Data by us, we may be required (by law or otherwise, such as to prevent fraud, resolve disputes, or troubleshoot problems) to keep this information and not delete it, or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your account deletion only after we have fulfilled such requirements. When you delete your account, Personal Data will be deleted from the active database, but (limited) Personal Data may remain in our archives where legally permitted. Also, although most changes may occur immediately, information may still be stored in a web browser’s cache. We take no responsibility for stored information in your cache, or in other devices that may store information, and disclaim all liability of such.
If you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing information from us, we will continue to maintain your Personal Data for any other purpose for which we still have legal grounds for processing such Personal Data (such as the performance of a contract, for the purposes of complying with a legal obligation or when the processing is necessary for the purpose of a legitimate interest of us). In certain cases, if no other legal grounds exist, we will maintain limited Personal Data (such as your email address) about you on record so as to be able to ensure for the future that such marketing communications are no longer sent to you.
Please note that any processing of your Personal Data prior to the deletion of your account with us, or your request that we no longer contact you for direct marketing purposes will remain valid under the legal grounds then prevailing.
How we protect your Personal Data?
The security of your Personal Data is important to us and so we take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Site, of the App and of the Services we provide and of your Personal Data.
We have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing, in accordance with the law. In addition, we employ industry standard procedures and controls to ensure the safety of your Personal Data.
Such measures to enhance the security of our Site and Services include using SSL certificates and a one-way hashing algorithm for storing Users’ passwords.
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
However, some Personal Data may be retained for varying time periods in order to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and for other legitimate business reasons. We will generally retain your Personal Data only so long as it is required for purposes for which it was collected. Where your Personal Data is no longer required, we will ensure it is either securely deleted or stored in a way which means it will no longer be used by the business.
Subject to the principles set out in the above paragraph, we will delete your account and of the data related to it the earlier of (i) your express request to [email protected]; or (b) 3 years after your last use of the App, or your last accessing of the Website or of any of our Services.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to and processed in other countries where laws governing the processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country (including jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area).
In such cases, we will ensure that the transfer of your Personal Data complies with applicable data protection laws and that suitable safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data. This adequate safeguard might be a data transfer agreement with the recipient based on standard contractual clauses, such as those approved by the European Commission. You can obtain a copy of any standard contractual clauses in place, which relate to transfers of your Personal Data by contacting [email protected] although some details may be redacted for confidentiality reasons.
By using our Site, the App and the Services, to the extent required and valid under your local law, you explicitly consent to your Personal Data being transferred and processed this way.
and start booking for free today